Monday, June 28, 2004

Stressed-Out Students

I wanted to save Will's quote from the front lines:
"Public education in general just seems so locked in to standards that all we seem to be producing are standardly good students. There's a surprise. So few of my students have passion, originality, or the motivation to figure out what THEY want as opposed to what we expect them to want. I know it took me a while to find my passions as well, but wouldn't it be great if we could create an environment that nurtured that exploration in kids instead of deadened them with conformity?"
On a more positive note, he also posted a link to a video created by Intel to explain the benefits of blogging in a high school journalism class. Good stuff -- this certainly goes a step toward creating that creative, nurturing environment he referred to in his quote.

No comments: