- involves generating knowledge not storing it
- is primarily a group - not an individual - activity
- happens in ‘real world’, problem-based contexts
- should be ‘just-in-time’, not ‘just-in-case’
- needs to be à la carte, not en bloc.
Monday, June 28, 2004
Catching the Knowledge Wave
I really got into this excellent presentation from Jane Gilbert: Catching the Knowledge Wave? (online PowerPoint). It's simple, but offers a vision for learning that I agree with wholeheartedly. It seems like many progressive educators are thinking in this direction, but will society ever catch up? I liked her take on learning in the future: