Why do we seem to enjoy taking these assessments that supposedly tell us about ourselves, even though we know the answers beforehand? We seem to like the simplicity of the generalizations these tools spit out. I found the "blindspots" for my type somewhat valuable:
- Moving your plans from the "thinking" stage to the "doing" stage.
- Establishing realistic and achievable goals.
- Appearing overly confident or arrogant to people.
- Not following through on important details.
- Avoiding making decisions while you collects even more information.