Thursday, February 09, 2006

Get a GRIP

Not much to report on the thesis this week -- I finally finished the mandatory Graduate Research Integrity Program that somehow fell between the cracks when I took a couple of leaves of absence earlier in the program. Mostly just hoops to jump through, but I was interested to find out which kinds of research do not require review by the school's ethics committee.

Not that I'm trying to sneak through some unethical practices...but it would likely save some time if I could design the research so that I was only reviewing data that is already publicly available on 43Things (or in blogs, I presume) to meet this criteria: "Research about individuals in the public arena using only publicly available or accessible records without contact with the individual/s."

No comments: