Sunday, January 15, 2006

my-iPlan

Roger has an excellent ed.tech blog, and he recently pointed to a commercial e-portfolio service called my-iPlan. It's interesting to me because their focus is more on future learning than other similar applications I've seen. They're thinking along the lines of individual education plans (IEP, otherwise known as EDP, PDP, etc, etc), where the learner uses the site to chart out their customized future learning plans. I hesitate to use "learning goals", because it seems to have a strong institutional focus, with courses and standards at the purchasing school as the framework. Although course selection could be one way to manifest learning goals, I suspect that in most education institutions, mandatory courses and schedules mean that these goals don't tend to be very personal at all.

No comments: